Principles of Leadership & Supervision - 4 Week eCourse
This course focuses on principles, processes, and techniques practiced by individuals to effectively lead others in organizations in order to achieve desired performance results. This course focuses on the fundamentals of the job of a supervisor. The methodologies integrate examples of leaders and supervisors operating in real life situations in order to provide, as realistic as possible, the type of operating environment one might experience.
The goals of Principles of Leadership and Supervision are to train employees who are able to:
- Understand supervisor job fundamentals
- Identify the five practices of exemplary leadership
- Identify the basic forms of motivation
- Distinction between leadership and supervision
- Resolving and anticipating conflict
- Develop key discipline skills
- Engage in effective decision making
- Facilitate staff development and identify training needs
- Conduct meaningful performance appraisals
- Be proficient in scheduling, organization/time management, and conducting meetings
- Remember and understand a comprehensive set of principles for leading individuals
- Engage in the ethical responsibilities of supervision and leadership
- Create a development plan
Course Procedures and Requirements:
All assignments will be delivered by the instructor by email. Students will interact with the instructor through email dialogue. Students will use the reply function of email to respond to instructor comments and questions after submitting his or her discussion posts. There is no participant to participant interaction at this time. This ongoing activity will encompass all of the course objectives. This activity is currently dialogue, not presentation.
Discussion post evaluation will be based on both quality and quantity of participation. From time to time, the instructor will provide feedback on homework and discussion posts to assist with gaining better understanding of the concepts presented in this seminar.